- to offer our members the best deals on cigars and accessories
- to promote an appreciation of the cigar culture
- to provide members with opportunities to improve their knowledge of premium cigars
- to form friendships with fellow brothers and sisters of the leaf
WHAT SETS US APART
- SERVICE – we promise to provide you with top-notch customer service and a no-hassle shopping experience. Have questions? Need advice? Drop us a line, we’re happy to help
- SELECTION — we offer a wide selection of cigars, humidors, and accessories. And if you don’t see what you’re looking for, just ask and we’ll do our best to track it down or offer a spot-on alternative
- VALUE — we pride ourselves on our competitive pricing on the industry’s best brands, and we stand behind our products 100%
- SPEED — we ship orders quickly. In fact, orders placed before noon ET will generally ship out the same day
- FRESHNESS — Our products are kept in a 100,000+ square foot state-of-the-art humidor, and we will provide you with the freshest cigars and highest quality product every time you order
First, let’s cover some specific points about membership:
- Membership is 100% free; there are NO dues or fees
- Your membership will never expire; there is never a need to renew
- There is no recurring billing; you are not joining a “cigar of the month club” where we automatically send you stuff and automatically bill you.
- To become a member, you must have a reference from an existing member
- Once you become a member, you are welcome to refer others to our site
- Membership is required for shopping. Anyone on the site and not logged in is unable to see prices or put items in a shopping cart
HOW WE SCREEN PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
Carlos Cigarlos takes its responsibility to keep tobacco products out of the hands of minors very seriously. Selling to minors not only poses legal risk, but it is bad for our reputation, and the reputation of the industry as a whole.
While the laws in your state may vary, it is our policy to sell only to individuals 21 and over. When a prospective member applies, they provide their name and address, and the name of their referring member. They also consent to an age verification check. We compare this information in a public records database to confirm that the individual is of legal age to purchase tobacco. The address provided must also match the credit card billing address when a purchase is made.
If we are unable to establish the age and address information provided, we will request a copy of a valid, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military identification) and a signed attestation that they are of legal age. We may also contact their reference to help verification if needed. Membership cannot be granted to anyone whose age cannot be positively confirmed.
- We offer deeply discounted prices on premium cigars! Our philosophy is to offer low, everyday prices rather than daily or weekly specials. We know you will find our regular prices to be generally lower than “special deals” on other sites. That’s also why we don’t send mass e-mails plugging limited-time sales…we don’t need to. We encourage you to compare price and selection with other sites. You’ll quickly discover that our prices are consistently lower-- sometimes a little, sometimes a LOT
- When you refer a new member, and they make their first purchase, you will automatically receive a one-time promo code worth 10% off any order. These promo codes never expire, and there is no limit to how many you may acquire or use. Use them when you plan a big order to maximize your savings
Members have a few easy-to-follow (but very important*) rules to which they must adhere:
- Do not give out your site credentials, or allow anyone else to sign in with your credentials
- Be responsible with referrals. A solid membership base helps us reduce our liability and keep our prices low. Just as you would be discerning about whom you allow to use your name as an employment reference, you should refer individuals who can be counted on to be ‘responsible’ members. The principle is common sense: someone with a history of credit card fraud or contributing to the delinquency of minors, for example, is not a good potential member. Passing out flyers in a crowd is not an appropriate way to generate referrals.
- If you have an issue, please work with us to resolve it. If you are dissatisfied with any purchase, please contact us and give us an opportunity to resolve it without stopping payment on a charge. We have the most liberal return policy in the industry, and we are confident that we can resolve any matter by means of store credit, an exchange, or even a full refund if necessary.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
WHEW! Now that you've read everything, please CLICK HERE to request membership. Remember, you MUST include the name of a current member who referred you.
*Failure to follow these guidelines may result in revocation of membership